Solar Street Lighting
One of the cardinal agendas of some African countries is to deliver a state that is secure and comfortable to live in.
To do this we have to analyze some problems:
- Inciscent Blackouts due of erratic power supply.
- Consistent disruption as a result of vandalisation.
- High costs of installation and maintenance of conventional street lighting systems.
- Relatively low quality of conventional yellow lighting systems.
- Risk of electrocution due to high volatage (240 volts) of conventional lighting systems.
The solution is the Solar Street Light System. Our proposal has the following advantages:
- Uses solar energy that saves cost as compared to the use of capital intensive, conventional sources of power supply.
- System not prone to blackouts because it is not connected to the grid
- Reduced costs of installation because it eliminates need for trenching and cabling
- Low risk of electrocution due to the low voltage 12/24 Volts direct current.
- Adaptable to add-on & integrated systems such as the ‘Traffic Sensor System’ that could be instalLED to reduce energy consumption by detecting, and limiting illumination & light emission when there is no traffic on the roads.
- The use of the Light Emitting Diode (LED) lamps allow the user to have considerable energy saving and longer life. The high cost of the lamp is fully depreciated from the fact that they do not need any maintenance in the long run.
- In countries like Nigeria that have a more uniformed night time all year round, the average lifetime of the bulb increases significantly from about 12 to 25 years when used in this region.
Scheme of solar street light pole
The system is composed by:
|Solar PV module||50Watt Led Lamp (4500 lumen)||150Ah Gel Batteries (autonomy: 4 days)||Charge controller|
The poles for solar street lighting may be used in various ways, not only for the purpose for which they were designed.
IDC studied a system of integrated solutions in order to take the most advantage from these poles.
Key points for integrated business
- Generate profit with advertising panels
- Boost security and streets surveillance with CC Cameras and control rooms.
Improve road security with LYNX integrated system.
For more information: email@example.com